Historic House Visits Group

New House, Redlynch

15 March 2004
Return to Home Page    
A curious triangular building using 2-inch thick bricks, erected by the same family which built Longford Castle, also triangular. Begun in 1619 as a hunting lodge, it points outwards like a figure 'Y' and has 18th century extensions added to the 'Y' wings, thus accentuating its outstretched profile.

A Member of HISTORIC HOUSES ASSOCIATION
NEWHOUSE AND NELSON RELICS.: A brick Jacobean Trinity House, around 1609 with two Georgian wings and set in extensive grounds. A collection of Nelson relics including his wooden cot from when he was a child and various items of tableware marked HN or N.

Photographs are the copyright of Peter Read DPAGB LRPS and Cath Carey CPAGB.  Please respect our rights.

panorama  Newhouse by Cath Carey Photo by Cath Carey CPAGB
front door The Front Door
bow window The Bow window of the Hall
Stable Block The Stable Block

Return to Home Page